Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Pressures of Posting

Now that I am a blogger with two whole posts under my belt the reality is starting to sink in.

Will people read my blog? Will my dreams of being the next Julie Powell come true? What will I write about? Will people think I am clever and witty? Will people care? What am I allowed to blog about? Is there blogging etiquette? What if people don't like my blog? Will my blog be as good as my sister's blog? How will I keep up with this blogging, I'm no good at keeping a journal, why will I keep up with this? And finally....where will I find the time , I'm already so busy!!!

My pebble today is about the pressures of posting. Why do busy people take on more things when they are already overextended? I live with my fiance and while he is in school full time and working part time I take care of our home, cooking, wedding planning, work full time, walk with the dog, grocery shopping, gift shopping and the many other things that go along with being a supportive and caring partner. So the question is what was I thinking?

Is there something cathartic about writing where no one will see it, but everyone can see it? I think there is. It's the newest kind of risk available to us. It's my version of cliff jumping, (something I would never do, due to an extreme fear of heights) this gives me the same kind of rush. The idea that people will see what I have to say and might talk about it, spread the word, have conversations about it. That is risk to me putting your ideas out there to be judged by complete strangers.

Pebbles and Boulders is still new to me, I chose the name because I couldn't get Thinking about Blogging (Which would have been a take on my sister's blog). So now the question is what will Pebbles and Boulders be about? I think it's important to be intentional so my intentions are to write about things I believe are important. Information I want to share, articles, books and questions that get you thinking. Sometimes they will be small (pebbles) and sometimes they will be big (boulders) and hopefully they will inspire you to think about your jar and which ones you should fit in first.

~Jennibean

2 comments:

  1. See? Smart.

    It really is cathartic, isn't it? Once you get going it isn't super hard to post everyday. Sometimes I just post pictures or quotes even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way....Sometimes they will be small (pebbles) and sometimes they will be big (boulders) and hopefully they will inspire you to think about your jar and which ones you should fit in first....I love this. I am going to copy it into my quote book.

    ReplyDelete